Frequently Asked Questions & Sanctuary Safety
- Stays at The Gray Barn are a benefit to current members of Woodstock Farm Sanctuary. If you aren't a member, please visit woodstocksanctuary.org/membership to become one before booking!
- If you are experiencing any cold- or flu-like symptoms, please cancel your reservation and we will fully refund you. If you are staying at The Gray Barn and exhibiting symptoms, for the sake of everyone’s safety, we may ask you to leave – in which case we will provide a refund.
- The Gray Barn welcomes all families with children over the age of 12 years old. We love having children visit Woodstock Farm Sanctuary but unfortunately The Gray Barn is not appropriate for younger children. We do offer one additional twin cot per room upon request. For questions regarding our child policy please contact The Gray Barn office.
- For the comfort and safety of our guests and rescued animals, no companion animals except service animals are allowed on Woodstock Farm Sanctuary property.
- We are a 100% vegan organization out of respect for our rescued animal residents, so please do not bring any non-vegan food to your room or on our site. If you have any questions about this, please email email@example.com and we will be more than happy to help.
Check-In & Check Out
- The Gray Barn is accessed through an electronic key pad. The codes needed to enter both the main entrance and your private room will be sent to you via email at least 48 hours before your stay. Please refer to your email if you have any questions. You may check in any time after 3pm on the date of your reservation.
- Please check out by 12pm on the day your reservation ends so that the rooms may be changed and cleaned. You are welcome to stay and continue to enjoy the site if we are still open to the public, but please remove your belongings from your room by noon.
- It can be muddy on tours and walks around the Sanctuary property, so you may want to bring an extra pair of rubber boots or sneakers that can get muddy and leave those at the door. We have boot scrapers and boot storage available. You may also want to bring along some slippers or socks to enjoy The Gray Barn common areas if you remove your shoes.
During Your Stay
- Once you’ve checked in after 3pm, you’re welcome to enjoy the common area and kitchen. Please follow posted signs – you’re welcome to store items in the fridge and use the microwave and any of the plates and cups on the shelves. Please do not use the oven or stovetop – they are reserved for staff. Please do not remove any food from the fridge that you did not bring with you.
- Please leave any dirty dishes in the sink or in the dishwasher next to the sink.
- A guided tour of the Sanctuary is included with every stay and will be available after breakfast with our hospitality coordinator or another staff member. To opt in to a tour on any day of your stay, please let the hospitality coordinator know and meet in the common area right at 10am. Guests are also welcome to join any public tour during our open season on weekends from April-October.
- Breakfast is prepared each morning and will be available from 8:30 am – 9:30 am. Please make us aware of any allergies before your stay. Our kitchen is always 100% vegan, but we do use nuts and gluten in our kitchen and there may be cross-contamination.
- For your comfort and that of other guests, please observe a quiet period in the common and shared spaces between 10 pm and 8 am each day. The common spaces are not child-proof, so please monitor children in those areas and do not leave any children unattended during your stay.
Rules & Safety Tips
- Smoking is prohibited in all parts of the inn, including the deck and terraces; guests who violate the smoking policy will be assessed a $500 cleaning fee. If you wish to smoke, please do so at least 50 feet from any building entrances or exits, and please dispose of cigarette butts or trash safely in the proper receptacle.
- Please do not enter any pastures or rescued animal barns without a staff person accompanying you, and always wear or carry your gray guest lanyard while walking around the site.
- For their safety, please never feed any animals or carry glasses or ceramic cups near their enclosures.
- Please also be mindful that during the day and into the evening hours, our caregivers are helping our residents and are usually too busy with animal care to stop and answer questions. We’ll be happy to answer any questions and share animal stories during your guided tour.
- Guest Cancellation: Payments are 50% refundable up to 7 days prior to the start of your stay, and not refundable after that point. A forfeited deposit may be re-classified as a tax-deductible donation to Woodstock Farm Sanctuary if the booking must be canceled unexpectedly.
- Severe Weather: In the instance of severe weather or hazardous travel conditions as determined by The National Weather Service, which causes you to cancel your reservation, you may opt for a 50 % refund or a 100% credit toward a rescheduled booking.